If you are receiving income support from the Ontario Disability Support Program, you and your family may be able to receive financial assistance to help with the cost of:
- Diabetic supplies
- Surgical supplies, surgical dressings and incontinence supplies
This means that you may be eligible to have your incontinence products that are available from ActivKare paid for by the Ministry of Community and Social Services if you are currently a recipient of the Ontario Disability Support Program. Your doctor or nurse needs to have determined that you require supplies to manage your incontinence. Assistance with these costs is provided under the Ontario Disability Support Program's Mandatory Special Necessities benefit.
How Do I Receive the Mandatory Special Necessities benefit?
- Contact your local Ontario Disability Support Program office and request a Mandatory Special Necessities benefit request form.
- Take this form to your family doctor's or healthcare professional's office and ask to have it filled out for you- some examples of healthcare professionals who are able to fill out this form for you are:
- your family doctor
- a registered nurse in the extended class
- a registered nurse (not in the extended class)
- Once the form is filled out, return it to your local ODSP office where it will be reviewed
- You will then be informed on whether you have been approved or not
Did You Know We Offer Direct Billing for ODSP Recipients?
ActivKare will submit the billing for your products on your behalf to your ODSP Caseworker, so there are no out-of-pocket expenses for you.
Can't Find the Product You Need on Our Website?
If the product you need isn’t listed here, contact us and we will find it for you!
Call us at 1 (855) 811-3733 or firstname.lastname@example.org